Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, Bridgerton season 2 is in the works, and love is in.
There’s never been a better (or more lucrative!) time to write a romance novel… only, have you ever actually tried to write a book? Did the words fly onto the page? Erm, not quite! Hey, no judgement — writing’s hard. Don’t feel bad about it; do something about it.
Namely, by winning this novel-saving romance writing bundle courtesy of our friends at Curtis Brown Creative. That’s a creative writing school affiliated to a major literary agency, which has seen over 150 of its students go on to get major book deals since 2011 – bestselling authors like Jessie Burton (The Miniaturist), Jane Harper (The Dry), Clare Pooley (The Authenticity Project) and Julie Ma (Happy Families). You know, no biggie.
The lucky winner will get the chance to write an irresistible (and hopefully steamy, am I right ladies?!) love story under the guidance of bestselling romance novelist Jenny Colgan, author of the Little Beach Street Bakery books, set on the Cornish coast, as well as:
- A free place on Curtis Brown Creative’s six-week online course Writing a Romance Novel (see trailer above).
- A 500-word end-of-course written report on the opening 3,000 words of your romance novel from one of Curtis Brown Creative’s expert fiction editors.
- A 30-minute tutorial with the fiction editor to discuss your work, and next steps for your writing journey.
- A £100 course voucher to be redeemed against any of Curtis Brown Creative’s other four- or six-week online creative writing courses.
During the six-week online course, you’ll explore how to bring your characters to life and keep your story driven, by drawing on popular examples from the genre as a whole, as well as from Jenny Colgan’s own novels. You’ll also be invited to upload writing tasks, give and receive feedback, and discuss weekly topics with fellow students on a private online Learning Platform. Ooh, we can just see the bestseller accolades flying in now! Is that a Netflix adaptation in the works?!
So no more procrastination: find out more about the Writing a Romance Novel course here, then enter in seconds below. Your writing career awaits!
Other Curtis Brown Creative courses:
Need to Know
Read our full Reader Treats Terms and Conditions here
- Competition ends midnight 14 Feb 2022.
- 18+ only.
- One winner will receive a place on Curtis Brown Creative’s ‘Writing a Romance Novel’ course (worth £210), a 500-word report from one of Curtis Brown Creative’s tutor/editors and a 30-minute video or telephone tutorial with them to discuss the work. Plus, a £100 gift voucher valid for use on any four or six-week online Curtis Brown Creative course.
- Course place and other prizes must be redeemed by 31 December 2022.
- Prize may not be exchanged directly for cash.
- Winner will be randomly selected and contacted by the prize suppliers via email within 7 days of the closing date.